Ice cream store and parlor at 131 W Grand
From the Braums website…
Bill Braum worked through high school with his father and after receiving a degree in Business Administration from the University of Kansas in 1949, he came back to Emporia to take a more active role in the family business. Henry Braum sold the wholesale part of the business in 1952 and began specializing in ice cream, developing a chain of retail ice cream stores in Kansas called “Peter Pan.” In 1957 he purchased the company from his father. The company had approximately 61 retail stores, when in 1967, a large wholesaler bought the “Peter Pan” chain of retail stores (excluding the Braum dairy herd and processing plant) As a condition of the sale, the Braum’s would not be allowed to sell ice cream in the State of Kansas for ten years.
The name “Peter Pan” came from the name of a park in Emporia Kansas.
Click here to see for a former Peter Pan building in Wichita.